Plastic innovatively shaped
In addition to other major plastics processing methods, injection molding is one of the most frequently used primary molding processes. The range of molded parts that are produced fully automatically and cost-effectively by injection molding extends from simple mass products to complex, technical components and assemblies. Within this spectrum, we can also support you with targeted preliminary tests based on a wide variety of test and specimen samples.
- Simulation for the design of molded parts and tools
- Sampling of tools
- Demolding force measurement for mold coatings or for the evaluation of additives
Analysis and optimization
- Defect analysis on injection molded parts and development of elimination strategies
- Technology optimization with regard to quality, cycle time and energy consumption
- Investigations into the processing behavior of thermoplastic materials
- Calibration of injection molding machines
- Injection molding of test specimens, plates and various molded parts
- Injection molding of micro parts and fine structures
- Small batch production
Online defect catalog
Spritzgiessfehler.de - is the online defect catalog of the Kunststoff-Zentrum in Leipzig (KUZ). This tool gives you quick access to clearly structured information on the subject of injection molding defects. Defects can be displayed directly, but can also be sorted from different perspectives, such as that of the molding developer, the material manufacturer or the mold designer. With free access, you benefit from our experience and knowledge of defect prevention and scrap minimization. You can look forward to the extension of the defect images at regular intervals.
To the Online Defect catalog (for now only in german)
Already listed are for example:
What to do if the molded part weight fluctuates?
Possible cause: e.g. shrinkage cavities due to insufficient shrinkage compensation.
- Increase of holding pressure
- Extending the holding pressure time
- Avoidance of large wall thickness jumps as well as mass accumulation
- Checking and, if necessary, enlarging the nozzle bore, the gate and gate cross-section
- Checking and, if necessary, changing the gating position
What to do if weld lines appear on injection molded parts?
Possible cause: e.g. melt temperature too low.
- Increase the melt temperature
- Increase of mold temperature
- Adjustment of injection speed, etc.
What to do if warpage occurs on the molded part?
Possible cause: e .g. holding pressure effectiveness too low.
- Improvement of the holding pressure phase
- Adaptation of the cooling phase
- Optimization of the injection speed, etc.
The Injection Molding Guide is a handy, compact tool for processors in A5 format with two rotating selection wheels, similar to a parking meter. Easy to use, the tool can be used to determine material-specific processing parameters or provide assistance for injection molding troubleshooting. On the front side, 24 different material data of common as well as special plastics such as COC or PEEK are listed and on the back side, 24 injection molding errors are additionally listed, which offer the processor assistance for the injection molding error correction.
Learn more (for now only in german)
29.11. - 30.11.2023
Injection molding defects: avoid + eliminate
Unfavorable settings and fluctuations in process parameters during injection molding result in constellations that can lead to molded part defects and cause high economic losses. We provide you with comprehensive knowledge in the recognition and systematic elimination of defects in injection molded parts. In the practical part, we will deepen the process-engineering correlations with you. You will find further information on the agenda, how to get there, parking facilities and an insight into the script in our download box at the top right.
For more function integration
2K injection molding
With 2C injection molding or multi-component injection molding, assemblies or components that previously existed individually can be integrated into one component, which is produced in a single manufacturing step.