ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT - analyze – calculate – minimize
Life Cycle Assessment / LCA
In times of climate change as well as the current shortage of raw materials and rising prices, the topic of sustainability is omnipresent in the plastics processing and using industry. Due to growing social demands and political requirements, the environmental impact of plastics and their products is increasingly coming into focus.
Our broad know-how in the field of ecological sustainability analysis and assessment serves as a basis for calculating the ecological footprint and helps to make products and processes more sustainable in the future.
Through life cycle assessment in the field of plastics and plastic products, we help you and your company to achieve greater transparency regarding the environmental impact of your products, processes or services and to provide the necessary evidence to customers. On this basis, we derive targeted measures to increase resource efficiency and reduce environmentally harmful emissions.
We work with the Umberto LCA+ software in combination with the Ecoinvent database and carry out life cycle assessments in accordance with ISO 14040/44 as well as the calculation of the product carbon footprint (PCF) in accordance with ISO 14067. We also offer our services as part of publicly funded projects.
Plastics and sustainability - do they go together?
Interview with Johannes Tietze - Research Associate for Sustainability
Case study from the automotive industry
Reducing the CO₂ footprint of injection-molded components
- Definition of the objectives and the scope of the LCA study
- Recording of material and energy flows
- Rough determination of the environmental impacts of products, processes or services (screening LCA)
- Software-supported modeling, calculation and holistic assessment of environmental impacts (e.g. global warming potential/carbon footprint)
- Creation of comparative life cycle assessments for the comprehensive evaluation of different materials, processes and products
- Use of parameterizable models for the calculation of individual products up to extensive product ranges
- Identification of hotspots
- Preparation of sensitivity analyses to identify the most important influencing variables
- Development of approaches for effective reduction of environmentally relevant emissions
- Supporting the measures in your company with our plastics expertise in both product and process optimization
29.11. - 30.11.2023
Injection molding defects: avoid + eliminate
Unfavorable settings and fluctuations in process parameters during injection molding result in constellations that can lead to molded part defects and cause high economic losses. We provide you with comprehensive knowledge in the recognition and systematic elimination of defects in injection molded parts. In the practical part, we will deepen the process-engineering correlations with you. You will find further information on the agenda, how to get there, parking facilities and an insight into the script in our download box at the top right.
Realize lightweight solutions
Foam injection molding
The main advantage of thermoplastic foam molding (TSG) is the reduction in density and thus material. This in turn has a positive effect on the environment and economy.
The speed at which new trends lead to changing customer wishes and new products and innovations is constantly increasing. New developments of corresponding materials are expensive and not always necessary. To ensure that you remain flexible and can actively respond to changing requirements, the modification of existing plastics with appropriate additives is an option.